Consumers are spending green to help pets "go green"
You probably are recycling more these days, and maybe you’re even using
some environmentally friendly light bulbs around the house. Now you can
get even greener by changing the habits of your pets. It's a growing
trend, and pet manufacturers are taking notice. In fact, pet owners now
spend about a billion dollars a year on organic products for their
pets. Help save the planet by purchasing some of these items:
Free Range Eco Naturals Dog Treats
Award Winning Champion Pet Foods, Makers of ORIJEN & ACANA Dog
& Cat Foods:
- Manufactured as the world's most environmentally friendly dog
- Uses the strictest adherence to socially responsible business
- The 1st 100% GREEN company in the pet industry
- 100% post-consumer posters, brochures and display boxes
- Enviro-friendly packaging choices like tree-free labels
- They provide financial support to a host of environmental
Fizzion, all natural CO2 action unlocks and cleans stains and odors
- This Canadian pet food company uses ONLY fresh, regional
ingredients that arrive daily.
Scratch Lounge, 3-Sided Scratch Pad:
- Fizzion ships their bottles empty and you fill them with water
and their dissolvable tablets.
- Fizzion promotes the use of a reusable spray bottle to prevent
- Non-toxic formula is safe for pets to sniff or lick.
- Prevents pets from returning to the same spot to relieve
- Easy dissolvable tablets mix up fresh every time you use it.
- Formula lasts over one year at 100% potency after activation.
- Made with 100% recycled cardboard and non toxic wheat-based glue
- Made in the USA
- 10% of the company's sales go to rescue, rehabilitation and free
spay and neuter for dogs and cats.
Petcurean, Makers of Go & Now Dog & Cat Foods:
- This unique cat scratch product is made out of cardboard and non
toxic wheat-based glue to adhere the cardboard structure.
- It's all recycled cardboard
- It's made in the United States
- 10% of the company's sales goes to rescue, rehabilitation and
free spay and neuter for dogs and cats.
Levy points out that while pets
might not appreciate the eco-friendliness of a toy made of 100% Wool or
the natural origins of their organic pet food, their owners feel good
when they give their pet things that also help the environment. Levy
also suggests putting your pet on an all natural organic diet, a
transition that is following a similar path of organics in the grocery
industry. "You should look for recycled products; organic and natural
ingredients divert waste from our landfills", said Levy. He also
reminds pet owners to purchase durable products. "If one toy
lasts as long as 30 less durable toys, there are 29 fewer toys in the
- Working Towards Greener Packaging
- Reducing the Stress on Our Forests
- Environmentally Conscious Company Vehicles
- Supporting Local Farmers
To find out where to purchase the items listed above please look at our